As the days went by, the babies information and burial plans lay on the counter in the back office. The only reason a burial would be so long delayed is because the medical examiner is performing an extensive autopsy. Rumors were whispered around for a while, it seemed most likely that the baby was being examined for signs of abuse or neglect. Not much else to say about this, anything I say would just be speculation and I don't feel right speculating about such a fragile subject as this. I will always remember the story of that baby though, and always remember the intense emotions and questions that come with a baby's death.
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Baby
Stillborn deaths are sad, babies dying from abuse and neglect is on a whole different plane. The other day I worked a visitation for few-months old baby that died. The parents were both McDonald's employees from my hometown, and probably chose our funeral home because we offer extremely discounted rates for infant deaths Anyway, throughout all the proceedings the parents acted different than parents typically do when burying their child. Perhaps they were in shock, the father came up to the front desk and told me he couldn't contemplate a newborn baby dying, he told me he couldn't see someone so small and new dying and not even having a chance. But was this just a show, an act?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment